ednesday against Sweden, while Russia faces | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
chenwen Dec 5
                                      SEATTLE -- Elvis Andrus used his bat to offset a couple of defensive miscues. Air Jordan 4 Cheap Canada .Andrus had a homer, three doubles and two errors, Jonathan Lucroy hit a two-run homer and the Texas Rangers held off the slumping Seattle Mariners 10-7 on Tuesday night.Texas, which leads the AL West by 8 1/2 games, had a season-high seven doubles among its 15 hits and won for the eighth time in 10 games.Other than the first at-bat with the strikeout, a huge night for Elvis coming on a night where defensively, a couple mistakes, Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. A really huge night with the homer, the doubles, the hit-and-run double, really he just continues to come up with huge hits for us in different situations.Martin Perez (10-10) allowed four runs -- two earned -- and seven hits in six innings to win for the third time in his last 13 starts. Sam Dyson pitched the ninth for his 32nd save.James Paxton (4-6) allowed six runs -- four earned -- and nine hits, throwing 103 pitches in 4 1/3 innings.The Rangers snapped a 4-4 tie with three runs in the fifth. Lucroy chased Paxton with his ninth homer since joining the Rangers -- he had 13 with Milwaukee prior to the Aug. 1 trade. Drew Storen relieved and gave up doubles to Andrus and pinch-hitter Mitch Moreland.I finally got a pitch up in the zone and barreled it up, Lucroy said. Ive been a little late on some heaters, a little ahead on some offspeed stuff. I finally got a pitch I could handle and didnt miss it.Andrus opened the seventh with his fifth home run off Arquimedes Caminero to make it 8-4. Seattle cut it to 8-6 in the bottom on a bases-loaded walk to Kyle Seager and Leonys Martins sacrifice fly.Andrus added an RBI double in the eighth. Seth Smith answered with a pinch-hit homer in the bottom half, his 12th, to make it 9-7. Lucroy drew a bases-loaded walk in the ninth for the final run.I feel way worse for Martin, than actually for me with those two errors, Andrus said. Hes been battling a lot and today was throwing a great game, and it really gets me upset when stuff like that happens. But, I think it helped me, too, with my offense. It already happened, its in the past, so lets try to do something offensively so I can help him.Seattle, which was 10 games above .500 on Aug. 22, fell to 70-68 and 12 1/2 games behind the Rangers. The Mariners have lost 10 of 13.We could never just quite get out in front of it, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. I thought our offense did a really great job, getting after it and trying to create opportunities. We were one hit away a couple times from getting the lead, but we just couldnt do it.Seager pulled the Mariners even in the third with a two-run homer, his 26th, matching his career high set last season.Paxton struck out four in the first inning, with one of them costing him a run. Ian Desmond struck out, but reached on a wild pitch. Carlos Beltran singled him to third and Adrian Beltre punched an opposite-field dribbler into right for an RBI single.BELTRE KEEPS SCORINGAdrian Beltre doubled to open the fifth and scored ahead of Lucroys home run, giving him a Rangers record of 12 consecutive games with a run scored. It was Beltres 585th career double, tying Rafael Palmeiro for 19th on the career list.TRAINING ROOM:Rangers: RHP Tanner Scheppers was activated from the 60-day DL (left knee surgery). ... Texas recalled INF Joey Gallo and OF Jared Hoying from Triple-A Round Rock.Mariners: RHP Tom Wilhelmsen, eligible to come off the 15-day DL (low back spasms), is on track to throw a simulated game on Thursday after an incident-free bullpen on Tuesday. ... Veteran OF Norichika Aoki was recalled after a short stint at Triple-A Tacoma.UP NEXT:Rangers: RHP A.J. Griffin (7-3, 4.41 ERA) has allowed three runs or fewer in six of his last eight starts. Griffin has won his last two starts, beginning with six scoreless innings in a victory over Cleveland.Mariners: LHP Ariel Miranda (2-1, 5.76 ERA) makes his sixth start since being acquired from Baltimore on July 31 in the trade for Wade Miley. Miranda was tagged for four runs in the first in his last start against the Angels, but followed with five scoreless innings for the victory when the Mariners rallied. Cheap Air Jordan 4 Canada Sale . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Air Jordan 4 Canada Sale . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http://www.airjordan4canada.com/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. TORONTO -- For the first time since Team North America came together, coach Todd McLellan had to re-instill some belief.With players slumping at their lockers after allowing Russia to score four goals in under seven minutes, McLellan told them they were better than they thought they were at that moment. Young North America was the better team Monday night, but a lopsided stretch was enough to give Russia a much-needed 4-3 victory in a fast-paced, end-to-end showcase of the sport at the World Cup of Hockey.Vladislav Namestnikov, Nikita Kucherov, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Vladimir Tarasenko scored on consecutive shots during a 6:14 stretch, and Sergei Bobrovsky made 42 saves on 45 shots to hand the 23-and-under mix of American and Canadian players its first loss of the tournament.We just lost our way for 10 minutes, McLellan said. I thought we were hesitant. ... They were quicker, they were stronger. They stripped us a number of times. We looked slow, and thats not the way we play. Slow reading, slow reacting and slow to the scoreboard.Toronto Maple Leafs 2016 No. 1 pick Auston Matthews scored on a 2-on-1 rush off a pass from Edmonton Oilers 2015 No. 1 pick Connor McDavid, and Morgan Rielly and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had goals for North America (1-1), which outshot Russia 45-23.Russias goals in quick succession were team goals, McLellan said, but they also led to the end of goaltender Matt Murrays night. Murray, who stopped the first 15 shots he faced before Russia broke through, jammed his thumb in the second period, but McLellan said he was healthy enough to play.Murray was on the wrong end of a young teams young mistakes. The efficiency of speed and skill that worked in a win over Finland on Sunday stopped for a short period of time against high-powered Russia, and it proved disastrous.We got away from our game, trying to be too cute and getting pucks instead of going to the net going east to west too much, Matthews said. Theyre a team that likes to turn the puck over and get going the other way. Thats something weve got to clean up.On their heels early, the Russians responded well after opening the World Cup with a loss to Sweden. Their penalty kill went 6 for 7, led by Bobrovsky, whoo also stopped McDavid on a second-period breakaway. Air Jordan 4 Canada. Obviously we knew we cant lose the game, captain Alex Ovechkin said. If we lose the game were obviously out of the tournament. Back to back, I think we played a solid second and our penalty-kill guys, (Ivan) Telegin, blocked the shots, Bobrovsky. You can see everybody sacrificing, and we get the result.It wasnt the result North America wanted, but a furious third-period comeback showed that it didnt lose confidence. McDavid blamed himself and his teammates for failing to capitalize on an extended 5-on-3 power play.We definitely let the team down there, McDavid said.North America still had another opportunity 6 on 4 in the final minute. Shayne Gostisbehere hit the post behind Bobrovsky with 14 seconds left, and Russia held on.Thats not the way to play the Russians, but I thought we did a good job of responding and really making a game of it, McDavid said. I think thats a good sign, but in a short tournament like this, we needed the points.North America was without top defenseman Aaron Ekblad, who McLellan called day to day with an upper-body injury. Jacob Trouba replaced him, but Ekblads absence created a void of extra minutes that defensemen had to fill.Many made costly mistakes, and Russia was more than willing and able to take advantage of turnovers and defensive mix-ups.I think some hockey god got on our side, and we just got good luck, said Kuznetsov, who made a FIFA inspired wing-flapping celebration after his goal.For all of Russias energy during its stretch, losing like that taught North America a lesson about regaining composure and the value of playing a complete 60 minutes.Unfortunately, when it goes into the record books, all 60 count, McLellan said.North America wraps up round-robin play Wednesday against Sweden, while Russia faces Finland on Thursday.Game notes John Gibson only faced four shots in relief of Murray and stopped them all. ... Namestnikov scored in his World Cup debut, replacing Vadim Shipachev.---Follow Stephen Whyno on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/SWhyno . cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '