, but thats expensive no matter how you spin it, giv | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
chenwen Sep 14
MONZA, Italy -- Lewis Hamilton paid tribute to the extraordinary Jenson Button after hearing his former McLaren teammate will step back from Formula One in 2017.Button is being replaced by Stoffel Vandoorne at McLaren next year, though he is on a deal which could include a return to a race drive in 2018 if the team wants him back. The announcement was made on Saturday, just days after Felipe Massa confirmed his retirement at the end of the year in the Monza paddock.Joking about the weekend of announcements Hamilton, whose media session started just as Buttons news was filtering through social media from further up the paddock, kicked off his session with a smile.Ok guys, well I want to start this session with an announcment of my own.... Im also retiring, he said, laughing.Button became Hamiltons teammate the year after winning the 2009 world championship for Brawn. The pair stayed at McLaren together until 2012, when Hamilton departed for Mercedes.Hamilton says he remembers watching Button, whose career began at the 2000 Australian Grand Prix, when he was a child.Jensons been an extraordinary British champion. I remember watching him when he first got to Formula One on a weekend with my dad, eating bacon sarnies, watching Jenson doing what I was dreaming to do.Hes done 17 years now, a long, long stint in this sport, but what he has given to it is fantastic.We were joking in the drivers briefing the other day. Max (Verstappen) was sitting next to me, along with Jenson and Felipe, and Jenson told Max You were just one-year-old when I first got to Formula One. That was kind of crazy.But Jenson is still young, still healthy, still fit, so I wish him all the best for the future.Button is the only man other than Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel to have won an F1 world championship since Kimi Raikkonen did so in 2007. Air Max 90 Sale . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Air Max 90 Cheap .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.airmax90trainerssale.com/ . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. This story is part of ESPN The Magazines Oct. 12 Owners Issue. Subscribe today!Chicago BlackhawksOverall:?35 Title track: 2 Ownership: 4 Coaching:?T4 Players: 7 Fan relations: 23 Affordability: 107 Stadium experience: 10 Bang for the buck: 95 Change from last year: -18Blackhawks down! Eight straight playoff berths, three Stanley Cups, a deep roster and one of the best coaches in sports would probably put Chitown higher if it werent for the cost of actually watching all of that in action. The Blackhawks fall 18 spots to 35th overall, despite claiming top-10 ranks in five of our eight categories.Whats goodThe Blackhawks are among sports best in basically every on-ice component. Winning three Cups in seven years is enough to explain why the Hawks place second overall in title track, but the pieces around it also support that ranking. Coach Joel Quenneville and his 801 career coaching wins slide into the fourth overall ranking and a roster that includes Jonathan Toews two-way play, Patrick Kanes 46 goals, two-time Norris Trophy winner Duncan Keith, and Corey Crawfords sparkling .924 save percentage registers as seventh on our rankings -- both tops for NHL teams. A 2015 New York Times article even gives credit for the teams success to owner Rocky Wirtz, who ranks fourth overall, as well. And did we mention that the Unnited Center is 10th overall in stadium experience, too? Not much to complain about in Chicago.ddddddddddddWhats badWell, sort of bad. The Blackhawks are a really, really good hockey team, but most fans will have to settle for watching them on television. An average Blackhawks ticket is almost $80, and the average cost of attending a game is $112 -- one of eight NHL teams north of $100. Yes, the team is good, and yes, Chicago is a big market, but thats expensive no matter how you spin it, giving the Hawks an affordability rank of 107. Whats more? The Blackhawks announced in March that average season ticket prices will rise this season by 6 percent, making this the seventh straight year that the team has jacked up costs. But hey, at least youre paying to see wins, right?Whats newThe teams success is undeniable, but a first-round exit from the playoffs potentially hurt its bang for the buck. Chicago fell 31 spots in that category this season, to 95th overall. If the Blackhawks go back to doing Blackhawks things and make yet another deep playoff run, that ranking should jump right back up. No assurances can be made about those ticket prices, though.Next: Los Angeles Kings?| Full rankings Cheap Jerseys From ChinaWholesale Jerseys 2018Camo China NFL JerseysBlack China NFL JerseysCheap NFL GearWholesale NFL Camo JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys OutletChina Womens NFL JerseysNike NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys WholesaleNFL Jerseys WholesaleDiscount NFL JerseysCheap NFL HoodiesWholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '