the R&A uses rules officials from around the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 16
MIAMI --?Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall started complaining on Wednesday about?Dolphins?cornerback?Byron Maxwells tactics, and he kept piling it on even after New Yorks 27-23 loss on Sunday to Miami. Wholesale Carolina Panthers Jerseys .Hes exactly who I thought he was: Hes a holder, hes a grabber, Marshall said of Maxwell. Thats not how you play football.Maxwell covered Marshall on almost every play, and it was a chippy matchup from the outset. On many plays, they were seen pushing and grabbing each other after the whistle. It was an all-day wrestling match.Maxwell was called for two pass-interference penalties while covering Marshall.I think I did an amazing job of keeping my emotions in check but taking the game to him, said Marshall, who finished with six catches for 45 yards.Marshall started the anti-Maxwell campaign last week by claiming Maxwell held on every play when they faced each other last season. At the time, Maxwell played for the Philadelphia Eagles.Marshall said Maxwells actions on Sunday proved his point.A lot of those calls put us in very good position and moved us down the field, he said. But those guys rallied and overcame those penalties, which were huge penalties. I think thats a testament to Coach [Adam] Gase and his competitiveness and what hes doing in that locker room over there.Marshall said there was trash talking throughout the game. He said he repeatedly said, Stop holding.He gets paid way too much money to play like that, Marshall said of Maxwell. He needs to believe in himself, and he needs to practice.It was a heated contest, as the teams combined for 18 penalties.It doesnt matter what he says, Maxwell said of Marshall. He can say what he wants to say, but Im still going to be here. Im still going to do my technique. Im going to still do what the coaches ask of me.You can talk all you want. Youre really just blowing hot air. But whatever, though. Wholesale Detroit Lions Jerseys . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Wholesale Baltimore Ravens Jerseys . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http:///...nver-broncos-jerseys . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. TROON, Scotland -- Fully aware of the controversial rules issue involving Dustin Johnson at the U.S. Open last month, R&A officials said Wednesday that they have taken steps to assure there is not a repeat at The Open.Johnson was assessed a 1-stroke penalty because it was deemed he caused his ball to move on the fifth green during the final round. But at the time, no penalty was issued; it wasnt until the 12th hole that Johnson was told there could be a penalty, and only after the round that the United States Golf Association assessed it.Even with the penalty, Johnson won the U.S. Open by 3 strokes, although the last two hours played out with the possibility of a rules violation dominating the discussion.Weve made some changes in the light of Oakmont and being more prescriptive, said Martin Slumbers, chief executive of the R&A during a news conference at Royal Troon.It might have been a bit of an awkward conversation as the R&A invites more than 40 rules officials around the world to officiate at The Open. Among those who are at Royal Troon this week is Mark Newell, who was the walkinng official with Johnson and Lee Westwood during the final round at the U. Wholesale Minnesota Vikings Jerseys. S. Open.Also serving as officials are Mike Davis, executive director of the USGA, as well as John Bodenhamer, the USGAs senior director of rules.Although he didnt offer specifics, Slumbers said that for the past decade, the organization has had its chief referee stationed in a compound for access to video replays.The rules are complex, Slumbers said. This is a big, big animal out there being played on. All sorts of things can happen, we know that, and generally do happen in this game. It is the speed and clarity with which we respond, which is something that were very focused on. And I think its a function of us sitting here, just about 50 yards away, being able to respond and provide instructions back to the referees, is the difference in how we would deal with it.Like the USGA, the R&A uses rules officials from around the world, including the PGA Tour and European Tour. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys From China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '