which was a gamechanger. You had to fight with one or two less | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123 Apr 16
Kabaddi is not new to India -- its roots can be traced to the epics -- but its latest avatar, professional and televised, has given the sport a new dimension, and a new problem: the club vs country conundrum. Fagner Jersey . For the players, though, it could be the clichéd game changer -- giving them recognition, respect and, above all, cold hard cash.Playing in the national team was difficult. Nobody knew about us, no one came to congratulate us. We won a gold medal, yet we were unknown, says Surender Nada, a part of the national team that won the gold at the South Asian Games in February.Today, he is the captain of Bengaulru Bulls in the Pro-Kabaddi League (PKL) Season 4 and one of the most expensive players with an auction price of Rs 30 lakh.It feels good to be a captain. Kabhi nahi socha tha yahan tak pahuchunga (I never thought Id come this far), he says.With Pro-Kabaddi making a mark on the television audience, the players now find themselves in the midst of a fan following beyond their hometowns.As a child, I remember the way people used to show respect to the kabaddi players in my hometown in Nizampura. They were an inspiration for all. The kind of craze I saw for the game back then helped me see it as my future too, says Mohit Chhillar.Chhillar, 23, known for his defending skills, became the most expensive player in the league when Bengaluru Bulls bid Rs 53 lakh for him this year. But hes unfazed by the success. Im too young to think about profit and loss. I let my father take care of all this, he says.Years ago, Chhillar got rejected, not once but twice, by the Delhi state team. He was then roped into the Rajasthan team and eventually the national team.That was the best time of my life. Desh ke liye khelne ki baat hi alag hoti hai (It is a different thing altogether to play for the country). When we won the gold against Pakistan in the finals of the South Asian Games, I thought I had it all. It was one of the best moments of my life, he says.Echoing a similar feeling, teammate and raider Rohit Kumar says, Its good to be a part of a league like Pro Kabaddi. It has given the game a lot of exposure. People now recognize us because of it. But it wouldnt be right to compare it with the national games. The feeling you get there is totally different, he says.Nada, however, had a different take. While he loved playing for the country, he credits the league for making him what he is.I love playing for the country, but its different and the difficulty level is more over there, he says. We have to push ourselves to the extremes every day because we have the responsibility of a country. Pro Kabaddi, on the other hand, does not come with that kind of pressure. And it has given us the recognition that we couldnt get in the beginning. Very few people knew about the game or the players before this. This has certainly made life easier. If I have to say which one I prefer, I would choose the league.Is there a difference between the amateur and professional games? I dont think there is too much, apart from a few rules, says Chhillar. The main difference is the level of pressure. We dont get second chances at the international level. You play to win or you are out. It is more flexible in the Pro Kabaddi tournament.In the South Asian Games, for example, the fixtures are put together in a round-robin format where each team has to compete with every other before getting through to the medal rounds. In the PKL, the eight teams play each other home and away -- a total of 60 matches.The busy schedule -- PKL pre-season training lasts several months and can be intensive -- leaves the players with little time for their families or friends. Kumar, who was adjudged the most valuable player last season, is pursuing his graduation but rarely finds time to go to college. My entire childhood was spent focusing on kabaddi. To date, whenever my friends tell me about an event in college, I cant help but miss being there, he says.Chhillar, however, has found a family in his team. I dont miss home that much. I talk to them every day. They too wanted me to reach here, after all. Also, my teammates are no less than a family now, he says.The league has allowed several players from other countries to participate, helping the sport create an international platform for itself. But critics say this may cause harm to Indias dominance in the sport. Its great for kabaddi as a sport, but yes, it does make competitions tough for us with countries like Iran now excelling in it, says Nada.The bottom line though is that going pro has given the players far more options. It has evolved from a largely rural and playground sport to one that can hope for a brighter future.Meri toh ab yehi khwahish rahegi ki ek din ye game Olympics tak jaaye aur hum usme gold leke aaye (I would now only hope for a day when this game becomes an Olympic sport and we win a gold there), says Chhillar. Willian Jersey . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. Fernandinho Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. http://www.officialbrazilstore.com/world-cup-oscar-football-jersey/ . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. RIO: A 4-4 draw between Argentina and Germany has meant that India will be seen in the knockout stages of the Olympics for the first time since 1980, when they won the last of their eight gold medals in Moscow.?This will also be the first time that the Olympics will have a quarterfinal round in the hockey event.Although we lost to the Netberlands (2-1) we definitely qualified for the quarter Finals. First target archieved. Chak de India- Roelant Oltmans (@OltmansOltmans) 11 August 2016India got as many as five consecutive penalty corners -- four of them after the hooter had gone off with reigning silver medalists Netherlands 2-1 up -- but were denied by some resolute Dutch defending, to face their second defeat in four matches in the mens hockey competition of Rio Olympics here today.?Netherlands scored both their goals from penalty corners through Rogier Hoffman (32nd minute) and Mink van der Weerden (54th), while Indias lone goal came from the stick of VR Raghunath (38th).Trailing 1-2 with four minutes left, India withdrew goalkeeper PR Sreejesh for an additional forward and pressed hard for the equaliser.Their efforts bore fruit as India earned their fourth penalty corner six seconds from the hooter after appealing for a video referral.That penalty corner resulted in four more back-to-back short corners but the Indian dragflick battery of Rupinder Pal Singh, who took four tries, and Raghunath failed to break the Dutch defence led by goalkeeper Jaap Stockmann.This was Indias second defeat after the late loss to reigning Olympic champions Germany in their second Pool B game.It was a quiet first two quarters from India as well as Netherlands as both the teams preferred to play it safe, concentrating more on holding possession of the ball.The Dutch had the first real scoring opportunity when Jeroen Hertzbergers diagonal ball from the right created twin chances but Indian goalkeeper PR Sreejesh, rooted on his line, was up to the task on both occasions. Walace Jersey. SV Sunil and SK Uthappa, who was playing his 100th international match, then combined well from the right flank to get into the Netherlands circle but the Dutch defence were able to thwart the danger.After a barren first two quarters, Netherlands drew first blood in the 32nd minute when Hofman scored from a rebound after Sreejesh made a fine save to deny van der Weerden from their first penalty corner.It took India just six minutes to draw level through Raghunath, who converted the second of two back-to-back penalty corners.With little more than three minutes left for the third quarter to end, SV Sunil and Raghunath had to sit out for five minutes and ten minutes, respectively, after getting yellow cards from separate incidents.But India defended in numbers to hold back the Dutch side, who went all out sensing a great opportunity to take the lead.Sreejesh then once again rescued India by saving Seve van Asss effort from Netherlands second short corner.Netherlands then put immense pressure on the Indian defence and secured three more penalty corners in quick succession.While Sreejesh saved two efforts, van der Weerden finally managed to beat the Indian custodian with a low, powerful flick to the bottom right corner to hand Netherlands what proved to be a decisive 2-1 lead.Speaking after the match, India chief coach Roelant Oltmans said two yellow cards hurt the team badly.We were on the attacking side until we got two yellow cards, which was a gamechanger. You had to fight with one or two less. Thats not only difficult to score a goal but it also took away a lot of energy from the players that Im not happy about it, Oltmans said. Wholesale Authentic JerseysWholesale NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticCheap Jerseys 2018Cheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys 2020Jerseys From China ' ' '