e leading Australians with Stuart Appleby (69) and John Senden (70) a shot back at one under. Cameron Percy (70) and Geoff Ogilv | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123 Jan 12
CROMWELL, Conn. Wholesale 76ers Jerseys . -- Daniel Berger, last seasons rookie of the year on the PGA Tour, missed three cuts in January and February and began hearing the whispers.Everyone was starting to say sophomore slump and that kind of got me upset a little bit, he said. Not upset, but kind of like, `Come on, lets get going here.Berger earned his first PGA Tour win two months ago in Memphis, and will be going for a second on Sunday. He shot an 8-under par 62 on Saturday to take a three-stroke lead into the final round of the Travelers Championship.The 23-year-old Floridian made nine birdies, including seven on his final 10 holes, to finish at 15-under 195 after 54 holes.Berger, who is still recovering from a left shoulder injury that forced him to miss several tournaments including the British Open, had just one bogey and was two strokes off the course record, following up rounds of 66 and 67 that had him tied for the lead coming into the day.Ive shot better than 62, but I guess it doesnt matter unless its on the PGA Tour, he said. It was just a great day.Russell Knox shot a 64 and Russell Henley and Tyrone Van Aswegen each shot 65 to tie for second place at 12-under par. Patrick Rodgers shot a 66 and was five strokes off the pace.Berger, who is coming off a shoulder injury, is looking for his fifth top-10 finish since April, a string highlighted by his win at the St. Jude Classic.Berger said he first tweaked his left shoulder in Memphis, then strained it at the U.S. Open. The injury forced him to withdraw after hitting his opening tee shot at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and he didnt return until last week at the PGA Championship.He said it expects the shoulder to be sore tonight, but it has not been bothering him on the golf course.It feels great this week and if I do the right thing then hopefully its gone forever.Berger said besides the win, hes hoping for very personal reasons to secure a spot on the Ryder Cup team this summer. His father, Jay Berger, played tennis for the U.S. Davis Cup team.I think it would be pretty cool to have a father and son play Davis Cut and Ryder Cup, he said.The golfers went out early in trios Saturday off the first and 10th tees to avoid thunderstorms predicted for the area.Knox set the pace, opening his round with three consecutive birdies. He putted the ball just seven times over his first six holes.He also is looking for his second PGA Tour win, after a victory last November at the World Championships in Shanghai.I always tell myself, dont be scared to play well, he said. Youve got to go for it.Berger is not the only player coming off an injury.Brooks Koepka, playing with a brace on his right ankle, shot a 30 on his back nine to finish with a 64 and go 9-under par for the tournament, tied for sixth place with Paul Casey.Koepka tore a ligament earlier this summer and, like Berger, missed he British Open. He said he decided to play the tournament rather than rest because, like Berger, he wants to get enough points to play in the Ryder Cup.The better you play the better you feel, he said. Today is the best its felt in a long time.Koepka spent the day sparring with playing partner Daniel Summerhays, who also had four birdies on the back nine, before hitting a tree on his drive at the par-4 18th. He ended up saving a bogey with a 44-foot uphill putt and goes into Sunday at 8-under par, tied for eighth place.To see that go in, that was definitely a sigh of relief, he said. A good putt can forgive a lot of weaknesses and sins that youve committed in one hole.U.S. Olympians Bubba Watson and Patrick Reed each shot 68 and are 5-under par, 10 strokes back. Fellow Olympian Matt Kuchar shot a 71 and is at 3-under par.Watson has insisted his focus this week is on Connecticut, but acknowledged that he wore his opening ceremony outfit on Friday night, texting a photo to teammate Rickie Fowler, who took parade in the parade of athletes.He texted me back his outfit, Watson said. I said I was there in spirit, so I had to wear my outfit, too.The shot of the day came from Ernie Els, who aced the par-3 16th hole from 176 yards. It was the 13th hole-in-one of his career. Cheap 76ers Jerseys Authentic . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Cheap 76ers Jerseys China . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. http://www.cheap76ersjerseys.com/ . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. World No.1 Jason Day will look to find some much-needed momentum ahead of the PGA Championship as he finishes his Canadian Open title defence.Barring a miracle, Days grip on the trophy is gone after he managed a solid but not spectacular three-under-69 in the third round to move to two under for the championship.It leaves the 28-year-old seven shots off the pace at Glen Abbey Golf Club with 2013 champion Brandt Snedekers 66 pushing him in front at nine under.Snedeker compiled five straight birdies on the front nine and rebounded from two bogeys on the back nine with a birdie and eagle in his last three holes.Canadian amateur Jared du Toit (70) is chasing history after the 21-year-old closed with an eagle to sit second at eight under.The last Canadian to win their national Open was Pat Fletcher in 1954 while the last amateur to win on the PGA Tour was Phil Mickelson in 1991.With a victory du Toit would also be the first player to win on their first tour start since Jim Benepe in 1988.World No.2 Dustin Johnson (71) joins the youngster in second place as he chases a third win in four starts.Johnson cannot overtake Day at the top of the world rankings tthis week, but will be able to at next weeks final major. Cheap Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys. I think tomorrows round is very important for me to play well, especially going into next weeks last major championship, Day said.Hopefully it gives me a boost of confidence. If you dont play well, then you are kind of going into next weeks tournament going, where is the state of my game.Today was a step in the right direction, being able to come back and shoot 69 after a poor round yesterday, and hopefully I can kind of improve on that tomorrow. If I can I should feel pretty good about my game going into next week.?Steve Wheatcroft shot the type of score Day needed, powering up to fourth place at seven under with a blistering 64, joining Germanys Alex Cejka (69).Day, and Rhein Gibson (70) are the leading Australians with Stuart Appleby (69) and John Senden (70) a shot back at one under. Cameron Percy (70) and Geoff Ogilvy (72) are even par and Rod Pampling and Greg Chalmers dropped to two over. Robert Allenby (75) missed the secondary cut at five over. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '