The 3-on-3 tournament of the two Eastern and two Western Conference divisions | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123 Oct 28 '17
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France -- In Gee Chun posted a 5-under round of 66 to take a two-shot lead at the Evian Championship on Friday, keeping the 22-year-old South Korean on course for the second major of her career. Cheap Swingman Blazers Jerseys .Chun, the 2015 U.S. Womens Open champion, had a bogey on the fourth hole but otherwise played with great control, hitting six birdies in rainy and overcast conditions at the picturesque resort overlooking Lake Geneva.I always try not to think about winning, said Chun, who missed the cut here last year. Thinking about winning is more pressure.South Korean Sung Hyun Park, who shared the overnight lead with Chun, juggled three bogeys and six birdies in a round of 68, tying her for second place with Shanshan Feng -- Chinas only major winner.So Yeon Ryu, who is also from South Korea, is three shots behind Chun in fourth place after posting 66, matching her score from round 1.Feng was a shot back overnight, as was American Annie Park, while defending champion Lydia Ko of New Zealand sat seven strokes behind after a disappointing opening day in her bid for a third major by the age of 19.Feng started to tire on the back nine, hitting two bogeys, but perked up with birdies on the final two holes for a 67.Theres no benefit for just long hitters, she said. The rough is really long.Ko fared better this time with a 68 but is nine shots off the lead.Playing the back nine first, the South-Korean born New Zealander went out in an even 36. But Ko improved on her way back to the clubhouse with a bogey and four birdies -- including a brilliant chip in from the edge of the green on the fifth for one of the shots of the day.Teeing off at 7:45 a.m. local time did not work out well for Park.She ended her round with a bogey on 16th and double bogey on the 17th to finish with a 2-over 73 and drop down the leaderboard.Second-ranked Ariya Jutanugarn of Thailand recovered from her first-round 73 to make a consistent 67 featuring four birdies. But the British Open champion is 11 shots off the lead.Ko and Jutanugarn are trying to win the Annika Major Award, rewarding the major winner with the best combined record at all five majors of the season. It is named after 10-time major winner Annika Sorenstam.Veteran American Angela Stanford is four shots behind Chun in fifth place as she tries to win her first major at the age of 38.Usually by Friday this course has killed me, Stanford said. But I still feel like I have a little energy.Her best performance in a major was back in 2003, when she was tied for second at the U.S. Womens Open.Having cameras around all day felt new again, said Stanford, who has five career wins on the LPGA Tour. For somebody that hasnt been in that position for a while.Two-time major winner Brittany Lincicome is a shot behind her in a tie for sixth with South Korean Eun-Hee Ji.Lincicome, who had nine birdies and four bogeys in her erratic 66, had a unique way of describing the course.Theres no flat lie anywhere, and then the greens are impossible, the 30-year-old American said. Like theres elephants buried under every one of them. Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Wholesale Blazers Jerseys . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. http://www.cheapblazersjerseys.com/ . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. The NHL is taking steps to avoid another John Scott situation at the All-Star Game.The league announced new fan voting rules Monday that disqualify players from being named All-Star captains if theyre injured or sent to the American Hockey League. Scott, a journeyman enforcer, was voted in by fans last year when he was with the Arizona Coyotes and still served as the Pacific Division captain despite being traded to the Montreal Canadiens and demoted to the AHL.Scott was the MVP of the 3-on-3 tournament that will be back for a second year, but the NHL didnt want a similar awkward situation to happen leading up to the 2017 All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.Players who are injured or in the minors wont be on the active ballot until theyre back in the NHL. If someone is voted captain and is hurt or in the AHL, the player with the second-most votes gets in.Scott tolld Sportsnet that he approves of the rules change. Cheap Blazers Jerseys. I expected something to come about. Its good. Something had to happen. I dont think they wanted a situation like me to happen again, he told Sportsnet. Guys in the AHL, guys that are hurt ... I dont think they should be included anymore. I think it was a one-time thing. Its a good rule.Fans will vote for a captain from each division -- the Metropolitan, Atlantic, Central and Pacific -- regardless of position. The 3-on-3 tournament of the two Eastern and two Western Conference divisions facing each other before meeting in the final will take place on Sunday, Jan. 29.The All-Star skills competition will be Saturday, Jan. 28.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '